Skip to main content

You, ME and HIM

My dear friend who lives all too far away asked me how she could go about communicating the end of a relationship to someone who she loses courage to let go of  when they are face to face. She said it was only because she 'cannot stand the look of devastation that would be in his eyes'. I told her the "devastation" was stringing that person along when she knew it was over.  She said, "He is not the 'him' that I need or want."
I then told her to write about it. I find that for those of us tied( professionally and personally) to media and artistic expression, it is easier to get it out that way. We read look or listen to it and all of a sudden ..courage to make it happen face to face comes along. In fact, I think this works well for almost anybody.

She said she would try and in my own knowing of myself and imagining what I would do if the situation were mine, I wrote a piece that would be my spiritual and poetic truth if I had to cut the wrong one loose.



Have a read:
YOU, ME and HIM




I am more than the look of my face, the curve of my hips, I AM beyond the sum of my  physical parts... Truly

So  with my back straight and soul intact, I will wait for him.
I AM with…the confidence of Cleopatra, a Queen
Boldness of Esther,
The Praying of Hannah,
The Patience of Ruth,
as stately as Neferetti..
I have ....
The Peace of GOD that comes from knowing that he is
A Piece of GOD.

I am a vessel waiting on him able to carry passengers to port and shore

Tall, long, bold and strong.
I carry greatness ..ALREADY

Have the capacity to lead and mother more..I'M READY

And I'm looking for something a bit different
You are not HIM

HE is a hybrid yes
So am I.

I do not know how much you have read
But men who do not read ...scare me
Those who do not listen warn me
You who are fatigued create tension around me

I realize that form and function are not mutually EXCLUSIVE
I realize that courage is something self defined
I know that some will call you to give them what they don't have to give.
Me ..I need you to be different than me. I AM all woman.
Be a man, classic, alpha, brave, vulnerable and compassionate

When you ask for what I AM not...
When you expect me to suffer for another's trespasses against you..
I know that YOU are not HIM.
I AM not your past
I AM today

You may say, 'Come to me'.
I won't come to or for you though.
YOU are not HIM

Is reciprocity not the very TRUST of SPIRIT?
I do not trust you
Because,
YOU are not HIM

I say "NO to you"
Because for all that you may attempt...
YOU are not HIM
I am not your HER
We are not IT.

I am drenched in Proverbs: 31 yes..that sounds like me
Most days...
But my way knows not a religion
It is of my spirit…

I AM here; so I believe in miracles
I desire DIVINE will above my own
I don't expect you to understand this
YOU are not HIM

'He sounds like the winds of heaven in my ear
and shines like your son and the sun'
I tell the DIVINE

And because you do not understand
you reveal to me
That YOU are not HIM

I am naturally high spirited
I SING, I DANCE, I PRAY.
I LAUGH
I AM high on life.
If you are not
Stay out of my WAY!

I already understand that..
YOU are not HIM

If you are there as a blockade
I have pity for your illusion ....

I will walk around you
But my walk may seem like ....
I am flying to you.

I LOVE authentically and focus on better things.
If I find you 'better' I may FOCUS on you
Everyone gets attention.

This is a fee I always pay.
They say no one is that pleasant all the time.
I say 'I AM and HE is to me.'

Kindness to you assures me the arrival of HIM.

He has pity on men like you.
So my carriage today honors his character.
I remain kind even though..
YOU are not HIM.

I love and I talk to my elders (present and gone).
I respect them no matter the level of respect
someone else says is okay.
They understand why I wait now..for HIM.

I KNOW he is about the work
of finding and having me.
He will not fail
at holding me and me onto him.
He is  my KING

Noble and KIND
Like me in fact
CONSISTENT in PURSUIT and CAPTURE

Magnificent and stately
Thoughtful

HE is no secret.
HE holds no grudges
HE has left all of his past

HE LIKES AND LOVES
Everything about me
And I HIM.

He prays ..
I AM still
He meditates
He drenches from work that requires his mind, body, and spirit.

And yet …he is ready.
Not fatigued.
Not dispirited.
By the past, time and loves gone by.
Not self-centered
Not angry.
Not dismissive.
Not miser-like

He is enthusiastic.

At the day's end, in the earliest of morning’s intention for light
...he pours into me.
And I overflow....

Sounds erotic to you?
Yeah, I know....

Now come on ...
YOU really must know by now ...
That you are NOT HIM

In me I will carry his legacy .
OUR legacy
He is sure and waiting for me.
He is praying for me.

HE knows my energy
I AM
Devoted to his success
Supporting his feats
Protecting his interest

HE has ...

Humility like Joseph
Solomon type wisdom,
Inspiration reminds me of Paul,
Leadership like Moses
You've heard of these men?
Their traits, greatness and virtue
And something unlike any other?
Yes that is indeed HIM

HE looks in the mirror and knows who he is
HE does not pretend

When they ask who YOU are I say ..
'Yes ....He is a Man, but I know He is not HIM.'

You need to know..because I am clear about HIM.

I am singing, praying, writing, maintaining, waiting for HIM
Not some semblance of HIM

And though it is so personal ..I will share with you what I tell HIM

I tell HIM this truth:
'I don’t want a mere copy of you. I want you. The whole, the everything'
I will give the whole ..the everything...to YOU because you are HIM.


You need to know this.
Hear this....
Sow this....
You are not HIM.

I imagine the beautiful HEALTHY and HAPPY CHILDREN
we could some day have.
I have had the same baby boy in my dreams for years.
I will deliver that dream to HIM.

He has his FATHER's EYES and MY SMILE.
HIS laughter comes from
The parenting me and my HIM put into his heart
HE is OURS..

By "OURS"..

I mean created
By ME and HIM.

I share this with you.
So when you see me in my multitude with THEM
You will know that I arrived to HIM
I thought you should know since my denial of you is because ....
Stringing you along is malpractice on our hearts and
You don't deserve that
I don't want you as a place filler while
I AM WAITING ON HIM

I am GRATEFUL FOR YOU
BECAUSE I AM
So clear in knowing you that
there is no ME and YOU
And so sure that I want
ME and HIM.



- Adrienne A. Wallace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Show some respect. He is not your companion. He is your Commander -In - Chief.

The blatant and horrid disrespect of our Nation's President started long before the State of the Union address where he was called a " liar"  and continues with  even worse name calling and racial attacks. Our President may be referred to as the following:  " Mr. President", "The Honorable Barack Obama", "His Excellency,  Barack Obama", and of course President Obama.  Nothing less is acceptable. Even referencing him by first name alone (as many people do) is out of line unless you are First Lady Michelle Obama. While I think we are a global family, I also think these ongoing episodes do much to  further segregate America and give it the image of our country as a place of disgrace, disuntity, and hate. Imagine trying to explain it to a 5 year old who followed the campaign and elections with her family and proudly declared that " Our President is Barack Obama and Ms. Michelle looks like my Nana." (*my heart breaks for

Just Ask

Just Ask.... The other day I was asked how it is that I am so drawn to the image of Buddah and I responded. " It is a very peaceful image for me." There is a bit of a smile ...or not, but the face looks content and even like a baby. What well person can be upset with a baby? I also cannot help but think of a flower and the humility of growth when I see the image of Buddah. There are several Buddah statues throughout my home. They soften my already softly and thoughtfully appointed living, working, bathing and sleeping spaces. They are comfortable places to be. Buddah was a prince that gave up all of his wordly possessions to have an ultimate peace. All the trappings ...given away. With that thought, I also shared that a flower is something that I wonder if any one human being could be upset with. I think it is nearly impossible to do that too. Perhaps this is because we all know that flowers, as commonplace as they are, do not just occur. They are a part of a miracle. I i

When You Pay Attention

 When you pay attention people will reveal to you who they really are. They will committ acts unto others while expecting you to believe that you are the exception to the rule. Word to the wise..You are not. When you pay attention you will recognize both light and dark and understand that one requires the other to exist. When you pay attention people will show you what and where they come from. You have the right to be scrutinous and you could still believe that they can be better. When you pay attention you will see elements in every man that reveals they are created by a greater entity. So were you. When you pay attention you will learn that each person is a manifestation of the spiritual energy given or in many cases taken from them. You will have to manage to multiples if you so choose. When you pay attention you become an expert at what you do well as well as what you continually fail at. When you pay attention you will see that